Early horse racing betting for season's main eventsPosted on 14/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listPunters have already started turning their attention to early bird bets after Predatory Pricer sealed victory in the Liston Stakes at Caulfield on Saturday.
He went to 8.00 for the Caulfield Cup with IASbet.com after Saturday's stunning win.
But the Caulfield Cup is not the only headliner attracting some interesting odds as the season hots up.
A quick tour of the online betting specialists also reveals Predatory Pricer now stands at 12.00 for the Cox Plate at Moonee Valley on October 24.
Whobegotyou is the early clear favourite here at 7.00 with the same bookmaker and El Segundo is also in front of Saturday's surprise package at 11.00.
IASbet.com is also offering Maldivian at 12.00 for the Cox Plate but over at Centrebet.com they are currently offering the same horse at 15.00.
Meanwhile Centrebet's early Melbourne Cup betting still has Profound Beauty at the top on 15.00 followed by C'est la Guerre on 17.00 and Rebel Raider on 19.00.
The November 3 nation-stopper currently also sees some three dozen horses on 301.00 with the same bookmaker.
Over at Sportsbet.com.au they are offering 13.00 on Profound Beauty and Viewed comes in third on the current odds at 17.00.
Meanwhile Canbet.com's Melbourne Cup odds currently also fancy Speed Gifted behind Profound Beauty at 17.00.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)