Early Warwick Stakes betting has Dreamscape in frontPosted on 18/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listEarly horse racing betting for Saturday's Warwick Stakes have nudged Dreamscape to 3.50 favourite ahead of Racing to Win and Court Command.
The group 2 1400m event at Randwick will be missing Metal Bender, who had been expected to appear but has had his campaign start delayed by trainer Jack Denham.
Had Metal Bender started, he would have gone up against fellow outstanding galloper Racing to Win.
Jockey Hugh Bowman previously revealed he had decided to go for the younger Metal Bender rather than ride Racing to Win, meaning he is now without a horse in Saturday's race.
Racing to Win and Court Command are joint second favourites with Centrebet.com at 5.00.
O'Lonhro is just behind at 7.50 and Trusting is currently in at 7.50 with the same bookmaker.
However, the trainer of Voice Commander, currently at 12.00, says the five-year-old is capable of springing a surprise.
Quoted by AAP, Nick Olive said: "I wouldn't set him up against these sort of horses normally, those big-name gallopers have got other priorities down the track whereas my bloke is ready for this race.
"He really is going as well as he possibly can and he'll be spot-on Saturday."
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)