European hopefuls arrive for Spring Racing CarnivalPosted on 30/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSandown got a first glimpse on Tuesday of the European horses set to shake up the betting for the Spring Racing Carnival.
Racing Victoria's official website said Godolphin pair Kirklees and Crime Scene touched down in Melbourne on Saturday, along with Cima De Triomphe and Basaltico, both trained by Luca Cumani.
According to the site Kirklees and Crime Scene appeared "keen and bright" on walking run-outs in the quarantine compound.
Kirklees is to run in either the Caulfield Cup or the Cox Plate, and is a 15.00 shot for the former with Centrebet, and stands at 26.00 for the latter with the same bookmaker.
Crime Scene, on the other hand, is nominated for both the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup.
Kirklees dropped six kilograms during the trip to Australia, while Crime Scene has shed 13 kilograms but is expected to regain the weight.
Centrebet has odds of 51.00 for the Caulfield Cup for Crime Scene, and 151.00 for the Melbourne Cup.
Cima De Triomphe and Basaltico both actually went out onto the track, Racingvictoria.net said, with the former hoping for a shot at both the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.
Basaltico, on the other hand, is due to press for a Melbourne Cup start via the Geelong Cup.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)