Fitness could be crucial in Caulfield highlightPosted on 11/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTipsters have earmarked fitness as the potential key for one of the big races on the Caulfield card this Saturday.
Betair's Kristen Manning has taken a close look at the group 2 Liston Stakes and identified outstanding class gallopers and race-fit horses as the ones to watch.
She warns it is "hard to split the main chances" and ends up "erring on the side of fitness caution".
Her suggestions include an each-way on Mr Baritone and Orange County, with Mr Baritone "likely to be the best value".
Betfair is offering 34.00 on Mr Baritone and 8.00 on Orange County while Typhoon Tracy is the favourite at 2.54.
Reigning champion of the Caulfield Guineas, Whobegotyou, is also running, as is Gallica, who has also tasted victory at group 1 level.
However Mark Kavanagh has warned Whobegotyou may not prove too spectacular,
The Canberra Times quoted Kavanagh as saying: "He is not a first-up proposition, he won his first start in a maiden at Geelong but since then he hasn't been a first-up horse.
''He hasn't run badly, but he's a big, solid horse and just needs a run or two.''
Melbourne Racing Club's official website said as of Thursday morning, racecourse manager Jason Kerr had declared the track as a dead five with the rail in the six metre position.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)