Glowlamp set to shine at RandwickPosted on 21/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA classy mare could break her record of no wins in 18 starts when she appears in a midweek Randwick race.
Glowlamp has developed something of an unlucky horse tag despite picking up minor placings in eight stakes races.
She will resume in the 1100m Intergaze Maiden Plate on Tuesday on the Kensington Track.
Trainer Clarry Conners set her a low-key first season race in an effort to ditch her tag as the country's best maiden, APP reports.
Quoted by AAP, Conners said: "I can't wait to get that tag off her back, she's come up nicely, I just want to win that race with her.
"She's run some very good races and first-up last time she was beaten a (half) head, a (short) neck by Rock Me Baby and Samantha Miss and she was on the worst part of the track. But that's racing."
She goes into Tuesday's race as the overwhelming favourite at 1.85 with Centrebet.com. Schlager is next on 3.20 and Purdey is at 8.50.
However, AAP adds Purdey is also dropping to midweek after contesting the San Domenico Stakes, along with Canali.
Although Glowlamp has no set spring campaign she is nominated for the Cox Plate, where she is currently at 201.00 with Centrebet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)