Horse racing fans wait on Black Caviar's fitness after tough winPosted on 05/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSuperstar filly Black Caviar's campaign is in the balance after she had a rough win in the Danehill Stakes on Saturday.
She made it four wins in a row to maintain her unbeaten record at Flemington but trainer Peter Moody called in the vets after an awkward start saw her almost crumple.
Jockey Luke Nolen said: "She flew the gates this time but she slipped both front and back."
"But she got her balance and got going eventually."
However her fans and owner face an anxious wait today and tomorrow to see if Black Caviar has sustained any significant damage.
Quoted by the Herald Sun, Moody said: "It will be interesting to see how she trots up tomorrow and Tuesday.
"I won't be surprised at all if she pulls up with some sort of strain."
Moody warned the horse is so valuable that any significant problem could mean her Spring campaign is brought to an early close.
Black Caviar has been going well in ante post markets for this years headliners, on 21.00 for the Cox Plate next month with IASbet.
However, as of Monday she was out at 41.00 for the Plate with Centrebet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)