Horse racing hero set to appear on SaturdayPosted on 04/11 by
The biggest roar for the end of the Melbourne Cup Carnival could be reserved for Apache Cat, appearing in the 1200m Patinack Farm classic.
The cult horse is the winner of $4.5 million in stakes and could even upstage the Saturday highlight of the $1 million Emirates Stakes.
A galloper with 19 wins, Apache Cat got a warm reception from punters after winning the group 2 Schweppes Stakes at Moonee Valley in October.
He will face his runner-up in that race, Mic Mac, and the stage seems set for a strong battle between the two stable mates.
Trainer Greg Eurell thinks both are in fine form and could give the crowds plenty to cheer at Flemington on Saturday.
He said: “They've both come through the Valley really well and I'm very, very happy leading into Saturday.
Of Apache Cat, he added: “His last few down the straight haven't been flash, but his form leading into this is good and he's probably in better shape.”
The two could be among the bookmakers’ favourites for the 1200m race, with Mic Mac expected to wear blinkers, with Eurell adding these had worked well having been tried in track work.
$250 free bet on International Racing $250 free bet BET NOW »
$500 Deposit Bonus BET NOW »
Latest Horse Racing news
- Carlton Mid Doomben 10000 odds and betting 25 May 2013. Doomben Racecourse, QLD.
- Carlton Mid Doomben 10000 Final Field and Barrier Draw 25 May 2013. Doomben Racecourse, QLD.
- Singapore Krisflyer Sprint odds and betting 19 May 2013
- Singapore Airlines International Cup odds and betting 19 May 2013
- AAMI Stradbroke Handicap odds and betting June 2013. Eagle Farm Racecourse, QLD.
- Epsom English Derby odds and betting 2 June 2013
- Epsom English Oaks odds and betting 1 June 2013
- Black Caviar odds for Royal Ascot betting, The Diamond Jubilee Stakes. 23rd June, 2012
All news archives (all sports)