Horse racing hero set to appear on SaturdayPosted on 04/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe biggest roar for the end of the Melbourne Cup Carnival could be reserved for Apache Cat, appearing in the 1200m Patinack Farm classic.
The cult horse is the winner of $4.5 million in stakes and could even upstage the Saturday highlight of the $1 million Emirates Stakes.
A galloper with 19 wins, Apache Cat got a warm reception from punters after winning the group 2 Schweppes Stakes at Moonee Valley in October.
He will face his runner-up in that race, Mic Mac, and the stage seems set for a strong battle between the two stable mates.
Trainer Greg Eurell thinks both are in fine form and could give the crowds plenty to cheer at Flemington on Saturday.
He said: “They've both come through the Valley really well and I'm very, very happy leading into Saturday.
Of Apache Cat, he added: “His last few down the straight haven't been flash, but his form leading into this is good and he's probably in better shape.”
The two could be among the bookmakers’ favourites for the 1200m race, with Mic Mac expected to wear blinkers, with Eurell adding these had worked well having been tried in track work.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL finals
- 2017 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)