Horse racing hero set to appear on SaturdayPosted on 04/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe biggest roar for the end of the Melbourne Cup Carnival could be reserved for Apache Cat, appearing in the 1200m Patinack Farm classic.
The cult horse is the winner of $4.5 million in stakes and could even upstage the Saturday highlight of the $1 million Emirates Stakes.
A galloper with 19 wins, Apache Cat got a warm reception from punters after winning the group 2 Schweppes Stakes at Moonee Valley in October.
He will face his runner-up in that race, Mic Mac, and the stage seems set for a strong battle between the two stable mates.
Trainer Greg Eurell thinks both are in fine form and could give the crowds plenty to cheer at Flemington on Saturday.
He said: “They've both come through the Valley really well and I'm very, very happy leading into Saturday.
Of Apache Cat, he added: “His last few down the straight haven't been flash, but his form leading into this is good and he's probably in better shape.”
The two could be among the bookmakers’ favourites for the 1200m race, with Mic Mac expected to wear blinkers, with Eurell adding these had worked well having been tried in track work.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet live in-play on all AFL and NRL matches
- Bet on AFL Round 21
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
Latest Horse Racing news
- Aidan O'Brien Runner Odds and Tips for Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival
- Top 10 ways to win money at Horse Racing (even if you are an absolute beginner)
- Melbourne Cup odd for Big Orange as connections wait for weight
- Tarzino Form Odds and Tips
- Tarzino latest odds as scheduled locked in by Mick Price
- Highland Reel Form Odds and Tips
- Latest Highland Reel Odds after winning the King George
- Trip To Paris Form Odds and Tips
All news archives (all sports)