Doncaster Cup to showcase Melbourne contendersPosted on 04/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSet your alarms for the Doncaster Cup this Friday. With several of the entries heading to the Melbourne Spring Carnival, you will not want to miss this race.
Willie Mullins trained Clondaw Warrior is set to line up and try and better the 2nd place finish from last year. Currently a $51.00 shot, a win in the Doncaster Cup will certainly see them odds tumble.
Clondaw Warrior is a serious contender having won the Galway Hurdle this season and coming off the back of a fine run for second in the American St Leger.
Mullins has also entered Wicklow Brave who has not been seen in the winners circle since May 2015. Despite that, Wicklow Brave is also available at $51.00 for the Melbourne Cup with sportsbet.com.au.
Caulfield Cup runner up Trip To Paris is also among the 17 declared runners for Fridays Race. Recently back from the injury sustained in Tokyo, Trip To Paris has not disgraced in her first 2 races and looks to be going in the right direction. Trip To Paris is currently available at $34.00 for the Melbourne Cup.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)