Galileo Gold heading to Sussex StakesPosted on 30/06 by Pom de Turf
Galileo Gold to go for Sussex Stakes
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listQipco 2,000 Guineas winner Galileo Gold is reportedly going from strength to strength after winning the St James’s Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot. Despite taking it easy since the win under an excellent ride from Frankie Dettori, trainer Hugo Palmer believes the horse is still developing well physically.
“Galileo Gold had a quiet four or five days and hasn’t done a vast amount since Royal Ascot,” the trainer wrote on his Betfair blog. “He’s putting on weight and getting stronger by the week, as he has done for about the past year now.”
Galileo Gold is currently around a $3.50 chance to win the Sussex Stakes, a race that could see him go up against the O'Brien star The Gurkha who finished 2nd behind Galileo Gold despite going off the $1.90 favourite in the St James’s Palace Stakes.
“We’ve had only one target in mind for him since Ascot - the Qatar Sussex Stakes at Goodwood on July 27, which his owner sponsors - and I couldn't be happier with him,” added Palmer.
“The rest after Ascot will probably have done him good, too, as he had three runs in Group 1 company in just six weeks.”
Hugo Palmer has had two classic winners this season with Hawksmoor adding to Galileo Golds Guineas success by winning the German 1,000 Guineas this month. He has a great crop of horses this season and many more successes are expected.
Watch Galileo Gold win the St James's Palace Stakes
Read our latest Galileo Gold Odds and Form Guide
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL finals
- 2017 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)