Golden Slipper winner Capitalist favourite for Golden RosePosted on 15/07 by Pom de Turf
Capitalist to run the Golden Rose Stakes
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listCapitalist has been installed as $5.00 favourite for the Golden Rose Stakes after winning the barrier trial at Randwick on the 15th July.
Capitalist is expected to now go to the Missile Stakes in early August in his first appearance as a 3yo.
Back in March, Capitalist awarded his followers and connections by landing the $3.5M Golden Slipper at Rosehill, Sydney. Like Sepoy in 2011 who was also trained by Peter and Paul Snowden, Capitalist won the Golden Slipper after failing to land the Todman Stakes and long odds on.
"We thought we had a point to prove and thank God he backed us up because there is nothing better than letting the horse do the talking," Paul Snowden said.
"It is very special, especially the way it happened ... once he got out it was a tremendous feeling and was so good to watch that last 200 metres," his father Peter added.
"The people who have backed us and our stable have been outstanding and I feel justified in their faith in us and return serving a win like today, it's a great result."
Read our latest Capitalist Odds and Form Guide
Watch Capitalist win the 2016 Golden Slipper
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)