Hayes looks to Almoonqith for Spring successPosted on 08/07 by Pom de Turf
Almoonqith to go for Melbourne Cup
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHall of Fame trainer David Hayes certainly has a stable of potential superstars with the likes of Wall Street Wolf, He’s Our Rokkii, Risque and Zamzam. However, this spring could be somewhat of a changing of the guard and all eye's will be on Almoonqith.
Almoonqith ran away with the Group 3 Geelong Cup and went on to win the Sandown Cup later in the season.
“Almoonqith for sure (is my best Cups horse), he was very good in the spring last year winning the Geelong Cup and winning the Sandown Cup,” Hayes said
“And just got back to last in the Melbourne Cup, got in a lot of trouble like a lot of the horses in the Cup and was denied his chance.
“He didn’t go in the wet tracks in Sydney, but he’s a dry tracker and on his day, he’s pretty good.”
Almoonqith looks set to go a more traditional route this season running in the Caulfield Cup before heading to the Melbourne Cup. Currently a $26.00 with Sportsbet.com.au, Almoonqith will be targeted for the Melbourne Cup and is certain to go better than last years 18th place.
Read our latest Almoonqith Odds and Form Guide
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)