Horse Racing SystemsPosted on 16/05 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listIncrease Your Australian Horse Racing Profits In 10 Easy Steps
1. Always ensure you shop around with all online bookmakers for the best odds for your horse bet or sports bet. Odds aggregator websites make this very easy and quick online. To make a long term profit from horse betting you need to take the best odds available, every time you place a bet.
2. Do not bet with the TAB. The TAB odds are out of your control and a betting guide is not a good enough barometer of whether or not to place the bet. Furthermore, compared to online fixed odds bookmakers and betting exchanges, the margins with the TAB are far too high to make consitent profits.
3. Avoid trying to get rich quick. The most successful online horse racing gamblers will only bet win only or each way. By placing horse bets in multiples, you are simply decreasing your chances of winning. This is the reason why the TAB and bookmakers promote multiple bets with such gusto.
4. Do not follow "tips" or "inside information" from untrusted sources. This is the quick way to the poor house. Use your own judgement, aligned with a trusted network of information if possible.
5. Avoid "exoctic" bets such as trifectas and quinellas. These bets are fine for fun punters, but if you are serious about making long term profits then stick to single win or each way bets.
6. Always work out the "overround" before placing your bets. Most online aggregator sites will do this for you now. If you are betting on horse markets where the overround is more than 1% per runner, then you won't be betting for long.....
7. You must adhere to a long term staking plan. The best policy is start with a betting bank of 100 "points". (a point being equivalent to 1 unit of your average stake. If you average stake is $10, then a 5 point bet is equal to $50). With a 100 point betting bank you should not really be staking more than 5 points in any single bet. This will protect against inevitable losing streaks.
8. It is often useful to price up an event yourself before you see the odds. For example, if you develop your own market for The Melbourne Cup before you see the odds - and you have Profound Beauty down as an $11.00 chance - and the bookies' price is $17.00 - then this should be a value bet for you. Trust your own judgement and make decisions based on the odds.
9. Record all your bets. If you are serious about making long term profits, then you need to learn from your mistakes. Record all bets - not just the winners!
10. Take advantage of the competitive marketplace in Australian betting. Bet online, the odds are better. And exploit the bookies free bets. If you are just starting out, it makes sense to bet with the bookies money first - and then your own.
Check out our exclusive free bet comparison table and bet with the bookies money using the 10 top tips above.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL finals
- 2017 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)