Jeteven could run on SaturdayPosted on 02/12 by R Van Mesman
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe trainer for the horse, Ray Besanko, will make a decision on Tuesday
as to whether Jeteven will run.
The race, which is 1100m and has already attracted 28 entries, has a
$90,000 tag on it, and is to be a major feature in the run up to Christmas.
At Sandown on the 21st November Jeteven nearly caused a major shock when
he came runner up to Custodian, even though Jeteven was 25-1 against.
Besanko is confident the horse will continue to do well.
Speaking to aapracing, he said: “I’m 90 per cent sure he’ll run on
Saturday. The 1100m worries me because he’s a 1000m specialist. But
Caulfield is a flat track and I have very few other options for him.”
Nathan Rose will ride Jeteven if he runs on Saturday.
At his past six starts, Rose has ridden Jeteven, so he is familiar with
the horse and how he runs.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)