Latest Highland Reel Odds after winning the King GeorgePosted on 24/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHardwicke Stakes 1st and 2nd Dartmouth and Highland Reel went head to head again today in the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot. This time it was the impressive Highland Reel who cam out on top in a dominant performance.
Highland Reel bounced out in front and controlled the pace of the whole race. Ryan Moore took Highland Reel into a 4 -5 length lead before giving him a breather and letting him come back to the field as they turned into the home straight. Frankie Dettori was the closest challenger on Wings Of Desire, but despite coming upsides in the later stages, Highland Reel had too much in the tank and was going away again at the finish.
The Queens horse Dartmouth was unable to land any telling blows despite finishing fast at the end for 3rd place.
After the race Ryan Moore said "He's very professional."
"He knows how to race. He's a very good horse. He has won in America and Hong Kong. It is a major achievement for Aidan to get him back to the shape to win this race."
Aidan O'Brien hinted that Highland Reel could go anywhere from here. The likes of Japan, USA and Australia are very much on the cards for the winner of the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
Highland Reel is currently priced up at $31.00 for the Caulfield Cup with sportsbet.com.au. That could be a very big price should he come under starters orders.
It is also suggested Highland Reel will run in the Breeders Cup Turf where he is currently a $7.00 shot with sportsbet.com.au
Read our latest Highland Reel Odds and Form Guide
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)
- - January