Melbourne Cup odd for Big Orange as connections wait for weightPosted on 29/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listBig Orange emulated the great Yeats at Goodwood today as he took the Qatar Goodwood Cup in scintillating style.
Jockey Jamie Spencer rode Big Orange with plenty of confidence, taking him to the front and letting him predict the gallop as he has done in so many races. Towards the end he was beginning to be challenged from both sides, but Spencer knew there was plenty still left in the tank. As soon as spencer asked the question 3 furlongs out Big Orange kept finding all the way to the line and won going away.
After the race Trainer Michael Bell said of Big Orange "He is like a fine wine, he just gets better with age"
He went on to say "He has now won a lot of prize money, and there is still more to come"
Big Orange was 5th in the Melbourne Cup last year and rumors coming out of the Big Orange camp seem to be mixed with some relishing the prospect of another shot and others not so keen.
Bell said after the race "I am quiet keen, but i think we need to see what weight he has got before we actually commit to the Melbourne Cup"
"There are other options like the Canadian International or the Hong Kong Race"
"The Melbourne Cup is a handicap, and if you get given a prohibited weight, there is no point in going"
It seems connections have a lot to think about with Big Orange, and there is definitely more to come from this improved horse this year.
You can currently back Big Orange at $26.00 with sportsbet.com.au as he is firmed up from $41.00 which we suggested getting on at last month.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL finals
- 2017 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)