Miss Cover Girl targeted at Myer ClassicPosted on 28/06 by Pom de Turf
Miss Cover Girl to go for Myer Classic
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listMiss Cover Girl will be aimed at the Myer Classic after a surprising but impressive win in the Group 1 Tatt's Tiara on Saturday. Despite starting the race a $21 chance, Miss Cover Girl beat race favourite Azkadellia by a length.
Trainer Kelly Schweida was not present to see Miss Cover Girl win the Group 1 race. Instead he opted to go to attend Rockhampton where he also had Group 1 success in the $100,000 Cup with Ruling Force, capping possibly the best day of his training career.
Miss-Cover-Girl, who was passed in at a Magic Millions yearling sale in 2013 for $18,000 has more than paid for herself, racking up over $800,000 in winnings. Trainer Kelly Schweida will now be setting his sights on more lucrative races saying "The obvious one's the Myer Classic".
Schweida is happy Miss Cover Girl will run well when upped to a mile. Her mother Tolart, also trained by Schweida campaigned at a mile and more, so stamina should not be an issue.
Schweida also went on to state "Wet or dry, she can handle it, so I would think the Myer Classic, the Magic Millions... and maybe the autumn next year in Sydney. She's a sound mare."
Watch Miss Cover Girl win the Tatt's Tiara
See Miss Cover Girl's latest Odds and Form.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)