Profound Beauty odds change as he gets Melbourne Cup go-aheadPosted on 16/10 by T J Dilfer
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe six-year-old mare Profound Beauty, trained by Dermot Weld, has been given the go-ahead to run in the Melbourne Cup next month. This will be her second attempt at the prestigious handicap, having finished fifth to Viewed in 2008.
Beauty was second to Sans Frontieres in this year’s Irish Field St Leger; San Frontieres was another international contender but has unfortunately been scratched from the Melbourne Cup race list due to a severe muscular problem.
Stan Cosgrove, racing manager of owners The Moyglare Stud has high hopes for Profound Beauty and says "She's in good order and she will be leaving for Australia next Sunday. She's in quarantine. They'll just have a look at the joints and X-rays and things like that just to make sure she's OK, but as far as I know she's all right."
Profound Beauty is a $17.00 bet with Sportsbet in the two-mile Melbourne Cup at Flemington on November 2.
Check out the very latest 150th Melbourne Cup odds.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)