Russian Revolution set for Golden RosePosted on 29/06 by Pom de Turf
Russian Revolution set for Golden Rose Stakes
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listRussian Revolution looks set to contend the Golden Rose later this year after winning both his first starts. Despite intervention from the stewards for his first win, Russian Revolution showed a turn of foot which seen him romp to a 2 length victory in his second run.
After the dominating performance last time out, Peter Snowden believes Russian Revolution could have what it takes to win the Golden Rose. Snowden already has Golden Slipper winner Capitalist in training for the same race.
"I think he could be definitely up with those better horses," Snowden said. "I will give him a couple of weeks off and bring him back for a race like the Rosebud.
"There are a few nice two-year-olds coming through towards the end of the season and he is one of them.
"If he can measure up he could race through into a race like [the Golden] Rose, but he has to earn it."
After coming up the rail to take the race last time out, jockey Rory Hutchings said "He is a really nice horse and he went through his gears very quickly and there was a little bit left there. If there was something to go with him he would have found more."
Read our latest Russian Revolution Odds and Form Guide
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)
- - June