Scenic Blast on course for betting upset in Hong KongPosted on 10/12 by T J Dilfer
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listBookies were burned by him and his marvellous progress a little earlier in the year, when he took a surprise win in another contest. He won the King’s Stand earlier this year, driving many bookies to despair with the payouts that resulted.
He is due to race in the major run the Hong Kong International Sprint next Sunday. The CEO of SportingBet Australia, Michael Sullivan, echoed the feelings of many of the bookies who were watching Scenic Blast at the King’s Stand earlier in the year.
Talking to racingandsports.com, he said: “Scenic Blast took plenty from us when he won in England and looks like he could repeat the pain here.”
“We’ve already written a bet of $10,000 at $8.50 and we’re expecting plenty more over the next week and a half.”
Scenic Blast is hotly favoured to make a good showing in the Hong Kong sprint, with bookies sportingbet.com.au putting him on at 7.00 to win.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)