Tarzino latest odds as scheduled locked in by Mick PricePosted on 26/07 by Pom de Turf
Tarzino to run Group 1 Memsie Stakes
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTrainer Mick Price revealed the plans for Victoria Derby winner Tarzino this week. First up will be the Group 1 Memsie Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield.
Price was originally against running Tarzino over less than 1600m, but recently had a rethink for this seasons preparation.
“I didn’t want to give him a gut-buster first-up over a mile,” Price said.
“He’s a pretty genuine horse and he tries very hard so I didn’t want to give him a tough run in the Makybe Diva (Stakes) where I would have had to have had him tuned up and then he’d have been second-up in the Underwood (Stakes) and I felt like I would have been playing catch up.
“He couldn’t win a 1400m Group 1 at weight for age I wouldn’t have thought because these weight-for-age races are never really run so that back-markers can sweep home, they usually crawl around and the best horse wins.”
Makybe Diva Stakes (1600) and the Underwood Stakes (1800) will be the next focus after Tarzino's first outing in the Memise Stakes. This will give Tarzino a 2 week rest after his first run.
The Turnbull Stakes will be the deciding factor on where Tarzino goes next Price explained.
“The Turnbull is the fork in the road, we’ll get to the Turnbull via that route and work it out from there,”
The Melbourne Cup will not be out the question for Tarzino depending on his season, and at $17.00, sportsbet.com.au believe he is a likely contender.
Read our latest Tarzino Odds and Form Guide
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)
- - January