Time Test set to race in Juddmonte InternationalPosted on 04/07 by Pom de Turf
Time Test Juddamonte International attempt
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listDespite the ground not being ideal for Time Test in the Coral-Eclipse on Saturday, the colt still finished a good 3rd behind Hawksbill and The Gurkha.
Time Test was a course and distance winner taking the Group 3 Betvictor Brigadier Gerard Stakes back in May. That day the ground was good to firm, a much suitable ground for Time Test.
Several inches of rain in the run up to the Coral-Eclipse certainly had an impact on Time Test's chances. Despite being given every chance by jockey Pat Smullen, Time Test was unable to keep with Hawksbill and The Gurkha in the final few furlongs.
“I am very pleased with that and thought he ran a super race with the ground as it was,” said Teddy Grimthorpe, the owner’s racing manager.
“He was staying on well at the end and kept on well despite the rain that came. All in all it was a decent run and we have lots of options going from here including the Cox plate.
“That is one of the few to consider but there are other races before then so will just have to see how we play our cards.”
Read our latest Time Test Odds and Form Guide
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)