Trip To Paris returning to AustraliaPosted on 20/07 by Pom de Turf
Trip to Paris Heading to Australia
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTrip To Paris made an encouraging return at Newbury the weekend finishing 3rd behind the impressive Scottish in the bet365 Stakes.
Up with the pace for most of the race, Trip To Paris was unable to match the finishing burst from the impressive Scottish and was just pipped for second on the line.
In his first race back since suffering a tendon injury in the Japan Cup, there were definitely signs that Trip To Paris was on the way back to his best and after the race Ed Dunlop was delighted with the performance he put in.
“I’m very pleased,” Dunlop said. “They went a steady pace over an insufficient distance for him. He’s had a serious injury so it all depends on how he comes out of the race.
“Touch wood, he seems fine, but we’ll see what we do now. The Goodwood Cup is coming up quite quickly so it could be that we wait for the Lonsdale Cup at York.
“He’d been back to Australia after running in Japan and had very good treatment from the team out there. He’s only just starting his season now so it’s too soon to be making longer-term plans.”
Trip To Paris is currently $26.00 for the Caulfield Cup with sportsbet.com.au.
Read our latest Trip To Paris Odds and Form Guide
Watch Trip To Paris finish 2nd in the Caulfield Cup in 2015
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)