Yankee Rose tips and odds as she pleases ahead of the Golden RosePosted on 04/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTrainer David Vandyke has confirmed he his happy for Yankee Rose to head to the $1 Million Golden Rose on the 10th September.
Vandyke was unsure until recently as to whether he should let Yankee Rose take her chance in the Golden Rose, but after a gallop on Sunday Vandyke has decided to go ahead.
Golden Rose is not the most straight forward of horses and a few niggling problems along with some questionable performances in recent trials did put doubt in Vandyke's mind.
"She had a good blow and her heart rate was up but her recovery was good," Vandyke told Sky Thoroughbred Central.
"She is a frustrating filly to train. She doesn't do a lot in training or trials and she had a joint issue a couple of weeks ago.
"I put the blinkers on and we saw an improved horse.
"She was committed to the cause and really worked to the line strongly.
"Bringing her to the races and putting the blinkers has done the trick."
Jockey Michael Cahill was on board in the gallop, but it is Zac Purton that has been given the ride in the Golden Rose. Purton is fully familiar with the horse and has won on her before in the ATC Sires' Produce Stakes.
Vandyke added "I'll do a bit with her on Wednesday and she will leave for Sydney on Thursday," he said.
"She runs in the Golden Rose and then it's three weeks to the Flight Stakes which is her most serious goal this preparation."
Yankee Rose is currently priced up at $10.00 with sportsbet.com.au behind $3.20 favourite Astern.
Read our latest Yankee Rose Odds and Form Guide
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)
- - January