Hot Danish could warm up the betting at Rosehill on SaturdayPosted on 08/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listPopular galloper Hot Danish is set to begin her spring campaign in the Research Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday.
The horse, trained by Les Bridge, has a reputation for consistency and tends to do better on firmer ground.
She is up in the 1200m group 3 event as one of the likely favourites but will face Glowlamp, who recently ditched her tag of Australia's best maiden.
As a result the four-year-old and her trainer Clarry Conners should have plenty of confidence going into the weekend event.
Through his website Conners said it was "wonderful" to see Glowlamp clinch her August win in the Intergaze Maiden Plate at Randwick on the Kensington course.
Of the victory he said: "She had earned over $250,000 in prizemoney in group and listed races and being unlucky so it was a good sight to see her win her first race."
However, Hot Danish has a fearsome record of 10 wins in 17 races and also has a formidable record in her first-up runs.
AAP reported usual rider Tim Clark will pilot Hot Danish and Saturday, with the field also featuring Madame Pedrille, who chalked up a commanding win in the Sheraco Stakes at Rosehill last month.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)