Is Mic Mac ready to go the distance at Moonee Valley?Posted on 09/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHorse racing punters could be making a mistake if they decide to write off Mic Mac in the 1600m Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes, trainer Greg Eurell has warned.
Although the horse has won seven of eight starts, none of his victories have come over 1400m.
Saturday's race at Moonee Valley is therefore being seen as a watermark for the possible Cox Plate contender.
Horse racing betting markets currently have Mic Mac on 3.60 for the win on Saturday and 15.00 for the Cox Plate with Centrebet.
An analysis of Mic Mac'c chances on Eurell's website read: "He has never won past 1400 metres and it seems that many pundits think the horse will struggle at distances beyond that.
"Mic Mac has some very strong bloodlines from past generations, flowing through his veins. He’ll win good group races in his career beyond 1400 metres - and I'm certainly not writing him off as a Cox Plate winning possibility during his lifetime."
The article also pointed out that Mic Mac's only loss, in the group 1 Randwick Guineas, was when he ran from barrier 15.
Saturday could define his season as he faces a strong field including El Segundo and Whobegotyou.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)