King hopes for winning return with Let Go ThommoPosted on 19/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA winning team is set to be reunited at Caulfield on Saturday when Stephen King takes the saddle with Let Go Thommo.
King has recently come back from a well-earned break from racing and could re-emerge with a bang at the weekend in the 1,200m Group Three Bletchingly Stakes.
Let Go Thommo last came in with a win in January 2008 when King rode him in the 1,200m Group Two Carlyon Stakes, Moonee Valley.
But King told AAP: "I rode Let Go Thommo in a jumpout and I was very happy with the way he went.
"I'm very keen to get the ball rolling with the spring approaching and Monday will also be a big day as I'm riding Rostova and Predatory Pricer at the Cranbourne trials."
Let Go Thommo will be very much the veteran on Saturday as every other horse in the field will be younger.
Competition in the field includes Bel Mar, who will be looking for a decent showing as she guns for a start in August's group one Manikato Stakes.
Also appearing on Saturday are two other group one winners - Mr Baritone and Orange County.
Monash Stakes winner I Am Invincible will also be in the running.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)