Manhattan Rain scratched as Black Caviar dominates Danehill Stakes bettingPosted on 03/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listManhattan Rain is out of the betting for the Danehill Stakes at Flemington on Saturday after a shaky trial on Tuesday.
Initially trainer Gai Waterhouse said the colt would wear blinkers in tomorrow's group 2 two race, but he has now been scratched.
The out and out favourite is now filly Black Caviar on 1.75, with Manhattan Rain on 6.50 with Centrebet before being scratched.
Waterhouse said: "After he worked on Tuesday morning I rang the owner Mr. Yaseen through his Racing Manager Iris O'Farrell and said I would have liked to have seen the colt work better and he also was a little agitated in the gates.
"Iris spoke with the owner and he said, 'there is no rush with my horse Gai, I would prefer you wait'. "
She added she was not unhappy with the decision and said the horse would go to Caulfield in a fortnight for the 1400m Guineas Prelude.
The closest horse to Black Caviar in the betting is now Rarefied on 11.00 with Centrebet.
Black Caviar has stormed to easy victories in her three starts but is moving up to group 2 for the first time in the 1200m feature tomorrow.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)