Melbourne Cup and Caulfield Cup bettingPosted on 09/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup double? What are the odds of that?
The Melbourne Cup betting is taking shape at Betfair, but what about the Caulfield Cup odds? Let's not forget, the Caulfield Cup is not just a prep race for the big race at Flemington, it's a gruelling 2400 metres handicap in its own right. And there's the small matter of the rich history (the race was first run in 1879) and the $2M in prize money.
Ethereal was the last horse to complete the biggest double in horse racing, So what are the odds this year? Well the fixed odds bookmakers are still not getting involved, so we had a look on Betfair to see where the early money is. Currently, Profound Beauty is 587/1 odds for the double, which is the shortest price of any competitor. Followed by Speed Gifted at 615/1, Cest le Guerre at 971/1 and Metal Bender at 1,219/1. Tempted? No, us neither....
Let's wait for Sportsbet, IASbet and Sportsbet to release prices before we get involved.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)