Mentality could be psyched up for SaturdayPosted on 10/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listMentality, a six-year-old with a host of wins under his belt is going into the Premiere Stakes at Rosehill in "super order", according to reports.
The horse starts his campaign on Saturday in the 1200m feature and could be building up to an appearance at the Cox Plate.
AAP reported trainer Michael Hawkes said Mentality has prospered since returning from a 21 week spell.
His enthusiasm is backed up by a comfortable win for the horse in a 900m barrier trial at Rosehill on August 4.
Quoted by a AAP, Michael Hawkes said: "It's just a starting point for him on Saturday but when he goes out there he's always trying hard and you'll see him hitting the line strongly.
"We're looking at the Cox Plate and now it's just a matter of starting him off and hoping he keeps showing us enough to steer him in that direction, but we couldn't be happier with him so far."
Odds mean the older horse is currently an outside bet for Saturday but could spring a surprise.
His record includes a group one victory in the George Main Stakes over 1600m in September last year.
Bookmaker Sportsbet.com.au has Mentality down as 91.00 for the October 24 Cox Plate.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)