Mic Mac's betting thunder is pinched by NicconiPosted on 24/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list
Four-year-old Nicconi has edged ahead of the more famous Mic Mac in the horse racing betting for Friday night's Manikato Stakes.
Nicconi is the 4.20 favourite with Betfair for the Moonee Valley race, with Memsie Stakes winner Mic Mac on 5.00 and Lucky Secret on 6.00.
Punters were slow to warm to Mic Mac in the betting earlier in the week, suggesting many are unsure about him moving from 1600m to the shorter 1200m of the Manikato.
He climbed to 6.75 at one stage before dropping to 6.00 and then 5.00, while Nicconi, trained by David Hayes, saw a rush of early wagers through Betfair before slowing again.
Mic Mac last ran to second in the 1600m Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes, last claiming a 1200m win in the Aurie's Star Handicap in August.
Trainer Greg Eurell also has the older Apache Cat in the race, making his first appearance of the season.
Quoted by AAP, Eurell said of Apache Cat: "I just hope he doesn't throw in one of those bad ones first-up that he has done in recent preparations."
However, he also added the horse seemed well up to scratch while Mic Mac was in fine fitness form.
Betfair is offering 7.40 on Apache Cat, with Swift Alliance also up with the well-backed runners on 10.00.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)