More Joyous could bring smiles at RandwickPosted on 19/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listMuch of Saturday's betting interest will be focused on the group 2 Warwick Stakes at Randwick tomorrow, but there's plenty of potential drama elsewhere on the card.
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, trainer Gai Waterhouse reveals one horse in particular could stand out among a number of her charges.
Writing for the paper's website, she revealed: "Several of my stable stars are making an appearance, the brightest of all being talented filly More Joyous.
"The one-time Golden Slipper favourite has improved since her autumn preparation and I am very excited to watch her fly in the Silver Shadow Stakes."
More Joyous stands as the 2.00 favourite with Sportsbet.com.au, with Melito the second favourite at 6.00.
Elsewhere the 1400m Warwick Stakes feature has the likes of Dreamscape and outstanding galloper Racing to Win out among the favourites.
But Zavite, trained by Anthony Cummings, is also in fine shape going into the race, according to reports.
Cummings was quoted by AAP as saying: "Weight-for age is not his go and neither is 1400 but he is very well and where we want him to be at this stage of a Melbourne Cup campaign."
However, Zavite is a 201.0 clear outsider with Sportsbet.com.au.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)