Moti looks for fourth horse racing win in a rowPosted on 14/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listGai Waterhouse-trained mare Moti will be looking to maintain an unbeaten record when she takes on the Patinack Farm Tibbie Stakes at Broadmeadow on Thursday.
The 1400m run will be the horse's attempt at a fourth victory in a row since resuming in July but she faces a strong field including Nediym's Dream, who was in the placings when Moti won the Mona Lisa Stakes at Wyong on September 4.
Waterhouse's tipping section of her website declared: "This bonnie mare maintains an unbeaten record since resuming on July 31.
"This is her pet distance and she's on track for her third back-to-back Listed win."
Moti is by Don Eduardo, winner for Eduardo Cojuanco of the 2002 AJC Australian Derby. Cojuanco is the Filipino owner of the Mudgee, New South Wales-located Gooree stud.
In August Waterhouse revealed Moti's racing days could have been over had she not had a good start to the campaign.
"They (Gooree) were thinking very seriously of retiring Moti but this might just save her from being a mother and she might get another year’s racing," she had said after the Toy Show Quality at Randwick.
Gai Waterhouse is also the trainer of Manhattan Rain, currently among a clutch of horses on 31.00 for the October 24 Cox Plate.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)