Much-fancied Trusting to run in the RosePosted on 22/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listWarwick Stakes winner Trusting will appear in Saturday's 1400m Golden Rose after his owners found a suitable jockey.
Nash Rawiller will step up to the plate for the $1 million event after the horse sealed a stunning win at the weekend.
Trusting shook up plenty of horse racing tips on Saturday, sealing the win having been priced at around 9.00 with many bookmakers before the race.
Chris Munce piloted him at the weekend, but he is due to ride Headway in the Golden Rose, clearing the way for Rawiller.
The colt will be making his first group 1 appearance in only his fourth start in Saturday's headliner at Rosehill.
Bookmakers have apparently been taken in by the Trusting hype, with Centrebet listing him at 5.00 third favourite.
Trainer Jason Coyle will have been delighted with the colt's weekend performance, having said before the Warwick Stakes he was hoping to get him into the placings.
Denman leads the Rose betting with Centrebet at 2.80 and Phelan Ready is the early second favourite at 6.00.
Denman has landed gate four in the 15-horse field, strengthening his chances in the eyes of many punters.
Other notables lining up for Saturday include The Mikado at 17.00, Headway at 11.00, Shellscrape at 14.00, Stryker at 15.00 and Hus Der Lieften at 17.00.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)