No blinkers and long odds for Fine DropPosted on 29/08 by Pom de Turf
Gelding Fine Drop will get the chance to press his case for some high-profile spring races when he appears at Randwick on Wednesday.
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listGelding Fine Drop will get the chance to press his case for some high-profile spring races when he appears at Randwick on Wednesday.
AAP reports the Robert Price-trained horse is in for the 1550m Shamekha Handicap 1550m with blinkers off.
Horse racing betting markets have him at 17.00 with IASbet, way behind the current favourite of Gathering at 4.50.
Fine Drop is down to appear in the group 1 2000m Spring Champion Stakes at Randwick on October 3, but must prove he is ready first.
Quoted by AAP, Price said: "He doesn't have to be winning but he has to be hitting the line strongly.
"Races like the Gloaming would also be on the cards if he performs well."
He added Fine Drop would "really have to perform" on Wednesday to be considered for the Spring Champion Stakes.
The trainer added the blinkers should perhaps have come off earlier for the Gelding after he "overraced" in his last start in August, when fourth in a 1500m effort at Kembla Grange.
Also in the running for Wednesday is Cleanup, joint favourite with IASbet on 4.50 and with one start and one placing from his two races to date at Randwick.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)