Noesis ready for a bite at Black CaviarPosted on 20/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe hot favourite for the listed Arrow Training Services Plate at Moonee Valley still has plenty to prove, her trainer has warned.
Filly Black Caviar, a striking three-year-old, resumes in the 1200m event on Saturday.
She chalked up two impressive wins in the autumn, the first by five lengths at flemington, then by six lengths in a listed race at Caulfield.
However, Peter Moody told The Age newspaper that the horse will have to pull another classy performance out of the bag over the weekend in order to compete with other high-profile three-year-olds.
He said: "She's prepped up well going into her first-up run but she's got to step up to the mark on Saturday.
"Horses like Reward For Effort, Tickets and Headway are all group 1 performers and to rate her with them is a little premature.''
Online bookmakers are apparently convinced, however, with Black Caviar the firm 1.30 favourite with Centrebet.com.
Noesis is second favourite at 9.00, and is reported to have trialled in front of stewards without difficulty earlier in the week.
The filly ended up bucking and pulling out in the Quezette Stakes last weekend after a saddle slip.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)