O'Lonhro's Chelmsford odds drop in online betting marketsPosted on 02/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSaturday's Chelmsford Stakes at Randwick could be a vital race for rising star O'Lonhro, whose odds dropped in Friday's horse racing betting markets.
O'Lonhro is the current favourite with IASbet and is at 2.80 having hovered around 3.20 early in the week.
Trainer John Hawkes said he and Mentality, who counts the premier stakes at Rosehill among his recent victories, are both in good form going into the weekend.
Mentality is appearing in race eight on the same card - the Tramway group 3 handicap, and is on 17.00 with IASbet, with Rangirangdoo current favourite on 4.20.
O'Lonhro also appears on Saturday having racked up two wins and two seconds from his first four races.
Quoted by the Brisbane Times, Hawkes said of Mentality: "He's come back in good form, he did well during his spell.
"He has done well since his last run, the horse is fit and well. He's got a big weight [61 kilograms, in the Tramway] but he'll be competitive.''
He added O'Lonhro "is heading in the right direction'' having been only lightly raced so far.
O'Lonhro came second in the Warwick Stakes and the recent group 1 Golden Rose, and is in barrier six for the 1600m run tomorrow.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)