Odds looking good for return of the ColonelPosted on 25/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA Tasmanian gelding could be ready to make an impressive return to the turf tomorrow after an injury lay-off.
Sprinter Colonel Parker has been gearing up for an impressive comeback at Caulfield on Saturday having not raced since pulling up in the Tasmanian Newmarket, Racing and Sports reports.
After a number of trials the horse will appear in the 1,100m Aquanita Handicap Open tomorrow, ridden by Brad Rawiller.
Quoted by Racing and Sports, trainer Bill Ryan said: "He pulled up sore after the Newmarket but appears fine now. I'm a bit apprehensive because it's in the back of your mind but if he's fine he'll be very competitive."
To date Colonel Parker has nine wins and has done well recently with a runner-up run in the Christmas Stakes and fifth in the Standish.
The betting ahead of tomorrow sees Colonel Parker at 6.50 with the current favourite being Global Warming at 3.40, followed by Soaressa at 4.40, all with Centrebet.
Overnight rain has led to a softer than expected Caulfield track today but hopes are high better weather will firm it up before tomorrow's racing.
Highlight of the day is the Group Three Bletchingly Stakes with I Am Invincible still currently the clear favourite at 3.10.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)