Online cricket betting sees England odds shorten for final TestPosted on 18/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listConfirmation that England talisman Andrew Flintoff will play in the final Ashes Test has shortened the host's odds slightly in online cricket betting markets.
The fifth and final match begins at The Oval today with the series tied at 1-1.
All-rounder Flintoff has been declared fit and available after knee trouble, with the hosts now at 5.10 for the win with IASbet.com compared to 5.20 earlier in the week.
England won Thursday morning's toss and chose to bat on a quick-looking Oval pitch.
Australia's odds stand at 2.25, while the draw is at 2.40 with the same bookmaker.
Australia captain Ricky Ponting has said the presence of Flintoff could actually prove a distraction for England after the Lancastrian revealed this will be his final Test series.
Ponting said: "There will be some distractions there, even if you read the papers it's all about Andrew going into the retirement as you'd expect."
Swing bowler Brett Lee has missed out on appearing for Australia even though he has been passed fit following a rib injury.
Australia decided to stick with the same squad which demolished England in the fourth test, when fast bowler Mitchell Johnson rediscovered his form to terrorise the England batting line-up.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)