Phelan Ready leads the betting for Premier StakesPosted on 11/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listOne of the highlights of Saturday's horse racing is already promising to be something of a mould breaker with a three-year-old emerging as the clear favourite.
The weight-for-age Premier Stakes at Rosehill rarely sees a horse of such an age end up on top but Phelan Ready stands at 2.60 with Canbet.com.
According to the Courier Mail, only three horses of this age group have won the race since it was introduced in 1972, and only one in the last 20 years.
However, three-year-olds do not tend to appear in the race that regularly and if Phelan Ready's trainer is right there could be a good showing from the Golden Slipper winner.
Quoted by the Courier Mail, Jason McLachlan said: "I don't underestimate his task against older horses first up at weight-for-age.
"But I was so happy with his trial last week I have to think he is going to run well. I'm not going to get carried away by what happens this week."
Odds with Canbet.com also see Triple Honour at 4.60 and Fritz's Princess at 5.00, while the six-year-old Mentality is an outsider at 12.00.
Also appearing on Saturday is the group 3 Run to the Rose, with Denman the favourite.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)