Phelan Ready's odds shorten for Golden rosePosted on 27/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listPhelan Ready is among the most significant movers in the online horse racing betting markets ahead of Saturday's Golden Rose.
He has dropped to 5.50 joint second favourite after hovering around 6.00 to 6.50 with IASbet.
Trainer Jason McLachlan is confident of a good showing from the horse and said he was puzzled by the way he had been perceived after a third-place finish in the Premiere Stakes at Rosehill two weeks ago.
Quoted by the Courier Mail, he said: "I can't believe how so many people focused on the fact he fired up a little bit in the middle stages.
"I think with Brad (Rawiller) back on and with the run under his belt to take the freshness away there won't be a problem. The horse settles well in his races."
He added Denman looked "the one to beat" for the main event on Saturday, and could profit from a steady race.
Denman is still the firm favourite at 2.60 with IASbet while Trusting is level with Phelan Ready on 5.50.
Shelscrape has dropped from 12.00 to 10.00 and Viking Legend has gone from 34.00 to 26.00.
Headway is now at 9.50 having previously stood at 9.00 and the top half of the betting is completed by Hus Der Lieften and Stryker, both on 17.00 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)