Predatory Pricer swoops to top Caulfield Cup bettingPosted on 13/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listPredatory Pricer has shot to the top of the betting for the Caulfield Cup after a stunning win in the Liston stakes at Caulfield on Saturday.
The galloper was something of an outsider for the spring headline group 1 event before the weekend, but has now shrunk to 8.00 with IASbet.com.
However, trainer Paul Murray has said the Cox Plate is currently the more likely objective despite the sea change.
Quoted by the Daily Telegraph, he said: "At this stage I would say the Cox Plate is his likely target but I cannot be certain this early.
"We will keep our options open for both of them at the moment."
As of Monday Predatory Pricer stood at 12.00 with IASbet.com for the Cox Plate, behind Whobegotyou on 7.00 as the favourite and El Segundo on 11.00.
On Saturday the much-fancied Typhoon Tracy ended up in third, three quarters of a length back.
Whobegotyou was a close second, seen by many as a signal the four-year-old could deliver on his promise this season.
According to the Herald Sun, trainer Mark Kavanagh said the horse would next appear at the group 2 1400m Memsie Stakes at Caulfield on Saturday week.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)