Promising Koblenz back in the betting at RandwickPosted on 31/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA 29-week spell on the sidelines will come to an end on Wednesday for a filly who showed early promise before being forced to rest.
AAP reports Koblenz will appear in the the 1,100m Kingsford Handicap at Randwick in her first race since since January.
She has been out since pulling up with sore shins and has spent months out of action after some good early results.
Trainer Gary Portelli said a good performance on her comeback could lead to the Princess Series, with Group-placed Lovemelikearock among the competition on Wednesday.
Quoted by AAP, Portelli said: "She'll be the horse to beat if she has a bit of luck. She showed early on what she is capable of, hopefully we'll see it on Wednesday.
"It's going to be tricky from out there and Nathan's (Berry) going to have to work out pretty quickly what to do with her.
"The main thing is to see her hit the line strongly. She's going to get better over further."
The horse first attracted attention in December 2008 when she came second in the 1,000m Magic Millions Slipper at Wyong.
Other notable early performances were another second on Boxing Day at the 1,200m Magic Millions Prelude at Randwick.
The Princess Series begins with the 1,200m Silver Shadow Stakes, August 22.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)