Rain means Mr Clangtastic is off to the Wyong Gold CupPosted on 01/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listRain appears to have influenced the decision of trainer Mark Connors to start Mr Clangtastic in the listed Wyong Gold Cup on Friday.
According to the Wyong Race Club website, Connors made the call after hearing showers had begun on Thursday at Wyong.
Mr Clangtastic boasts superb wet track form and will clinch his fourth win in a row if he is victorious on Friday.
Quoted by the race club website, Connors said: "He will be going to Wyong, an inch overnight would be lovely.
"They have had rain everywhere in Victoria except at Flemington so the showers at Wyong make it an easy choice."
Before the turn of weather Connors was reportedly unsure whether to send Mr Clangtastic to Wyong or to Flemington on Saturday.
Early horse racing betting for the 2100m Wyong Gold Cup has Mr Clangtastic at 3.60 third favourite with IASbet.
Enzedex Eagle is the current favourite on 2.80 while Lodge the Deeds stands on 3.20 with the same bookmaker.
On Wednesday Racenet.com.au reported Conners had Mr Clangtastic as only "50/50" for Wyong, declaring he would "go where the rain is".
The horse's wins to date include the 2400m Ike's Dream Handicap in July, when he comfortably made a step up in distance.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)