Runners face star colt double act in Guineas Prelude bettingPosted on 18/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSaturday's Caulfield Guineas Prelude is gearing up as a crossroads for many horses in the most attention-grabbing race of the weekend bar the Underwood Stakes.
Delago Bolt could have his immediate future decided by the race, his trainer has revealed, as he runs against star colts Trusting and Manhattan Rain.
Quoted by AAP, Gary Portelli said: "Is he a Caulfield Guineas horse or is he just predominantly a sprinter?
"We'll find out this weekend."
The Prelude is over 1400m and is a group 3 race, just 200m shy of the 1600m distance of the October 10 Guineas proper.
Centrebet has Delago Bolt on 12.00 while as of late on Friday Trusting and Manhattan Rain are tied on 4.25 joint favourite.
Other odds see Starspangledbanner on 5.50 and Tollesprit on 8.00, while Phelan Ready stands on 16.00.
Both Gai Waterhouse-trained Manhattan Rain and Jason Coyle charge Trusting were said to have completed impressive track work outs earlier in the week, and many bookmakers are finding it tough to choose between them.
Over at IASbet Trusting has edged ahead in the betting to 3.80 with Manhattan Rain on 5.50 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)