Ryan's frenetic Friday - but is he odds-on to recover his title?Posted on 22/07 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listJockey Greg Ryan needs a top-class day on Friday if he is to recover the Australian riding premiership title.
Ryan was top dog in terms of wins for five seasons in a row but was beaten by the EI-interrupted NSW season in 2007-08, Racing and Sports reports.
He must secure three wins on Friday at Muswellbrook to overcome Hugh Bowman's bid for the title. He has a ride in all eight races on the card.
Two wins will see Ryan tie with Bowman to 149 wins, three to beat him for the NSW tally, and one more to better Bowman's national 150 win record.
With his record Ryan could be one of the weekend's more unusual horse racing tips - can he meet the challenge and take the Australian title again?
Ryan's full-on Friday will run like this; - race one sees him on Rosa's Quest, two on Durham County, three on Fallacious, four on Double Your Luck, five on Prince Christian, six on Media Planet, seven on Snow Ridge, and eight on Fuselage.
At Wellington on Monday Ryan rode Donít Hang Up to victory in the 1,000m Power Of Destiny Rating 67 Handicap.
The victory will have been all the sweeter for Ryan as it came out of a family partnership - his sister Karen McCarroll is Don't Hang Up's trainer.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)