Saturday is season-defining for Cox Plate contender OnemorenomorePosted on 25/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSaturday's group 1 George Main Stakes could be crucial for the campaign of a three-year-old with the Cox Plate and Caulfield Guineas in his sights.
John Thompson, trainer of Onemorenomore, said the 1600m run at Randwick would decide how the rest of the season pans out for the horse.
Betting for tomorrow's race is currently dominated by Racing To Win, on 1.90 with Centrebet, while Onemorenomore is currently second favourite on 4.75 with the same bookmaker.
Quoted by the Courier Mail, John Thompson said: "If Onemorenomore shows us he's still sharp enough for 1600m when he runs in the George Main, then we will stay on his current path to the Caulfield Guineas and then the Cox Plate.
"But if his run on Saturday indicates he's probably looking for further, then we will back him up next week in the Spring Champion and then head towards the (Victoria) Derby."
Onemorenomore's career highlights include an emphatic group 1 win in the Champagne Stakes at Randwick in April this year.
Racing To Win has some 12 wins in around 25 starts and also recently won the Theo Marks Stakes.
Also in the running tomorrow is Black Piranha, third favourite on 6.50 with Centrebet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)