Secret Flyer strongly backed in online betting marketsPosted on 19/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA gelding could begin the most successful period of his career over the weekend when he appears at Moonee Valley.
Secret Flyer has a return to group 1 class in his sights and is appearing in the 1000m BC3 Future Stars Sprint on Saturday.
Trainer Mark Young told Racing and Sports the six-year-old has had his best pre-season preparation period yet and could improve on his impressive record of four wins in his last five runs.
He said: "He went to the paddock on a win and had a very good spell – in fact it's the best he's ever spelled.
"For the first time he's had a trouble free preparation so we really don't know how far he'll go this time in."
Bookmaker Centrebet has Secret Flyer as the clear favourite for Saturday's race at 2.70.
Just behind him is Wilander at 4.75, with Morgan Dollar on the same odds.
According to Racing and Sports, Secret Flyer will next head to the Group 3 McEwen Stakes at Moonee Valley in a fortnight. The Group 1 Manikato on Grand Final Eve will then follow.
However, if his return doesn't go completely to plan he could skip the Manikato and instead go to the group 2 Gilgai Stakes at Flemington the week after.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)