Singapore star could shake up the betting for Moonee Valley headlinerPosted on 10/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSingapore galloper Jolie's Shinju could be ready to spring a surprise on the star-studded line up at the Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes tomorrow.
The Len Treloar-trained horse is in Australia to attempt a run on the Cox Plate and is also something of an unofficial ambassador for racing in Singapore.
The current betting favourite for Moonee Valley's headline group 2 1600m event tomorrow is Whobegotyou on 2.70, followed by Mic Mac on 3.75, both with Centrebet.
Jolie's Shinju brings fine form from Singapore but will be something of an unknown quantity to punters tomorrow, standing on 7.50, also with Centrebet.
Ron Stewart will pilot the dual group 1 winner tomorrow, and feels there is plenty of potential but also work to do.
Quoted by the Herald Sun, he said: "She's not as rock-hard fit as she was in the (Singapore) Derby, but she has matured a little more.
"I still think she is pretty forward, but whatever she does, there is improvement going ahead to the Cox Plate."
The horse racing betting market at Centrebet has seen plenty of movement for the race in recent days, with El Segundo drifting from 4.50 to 4.75, and Whobegotyou shrinking steadily.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)