So You Think you can pick a Guineas betting winner?Posted on 17/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA strong performance in the Gloaming Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday could see another promising horse head to next month's $1 million Caulfield Guineas.
So You Think, trained by Bart Cummings, has only been produced for two starts, but has impressed on both occasions.
The colt chalked up a win in May on debut at Rosehill and is the hot favourite for Saturday on 1.60 with Centrebet.
So You Think was just behind first-placed More Than Great in the 1400m Ming Dynasty Quality and his trainer has moved him straight up to the 1800m of the Gloaming.
Quoted by the Brisbane Times, Cummings said of the jump in distance: "No way at all is that a problem.
''If he goes well in the Gloaming then I will drop him back to the mile for the Caulfield Guineas. That's not an issue either.''
The Guineas is already shaping up to be one of the season's most dramatic races with superstars Manhattan Rain, Denman and Trusting also expected to run.
Heading the early betting is Denman on 4.00 with IASbet, with So You Think and Trusting both on 10.00 with Manhattan Rain close behind on 11.00
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)