Star colts looking good for Guineas Prelude bettingPosted on 15/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTwo horses gearing up for the guineas preview on Saturday have been given a run out on the Caulfield track.
Colts Trusting and Manhattan Rain had a workout on the circuit ahead of Saturday's 1400m $175,000 race.
Trusting came second in the recent Golden Rose and already has the Warwick Stakes under his belt.
IASbet.com already has Trusting down at 10.00 for the Caulfield Guineas proper on October 10.
Manhattan Rain is also in the betting at 11.00 with the same bookmaker, with Denman the current favourite on 4.00.
Quoted by the Daily Telegraph, jockey Craig Williams said: "They've been really smart bringing him down here early and running him in the Prelude.
"That'll give him a good look at Caulfield before the Guineas.''
Manhattan Rain, trained by Gai Waterhouse, was also reportedly on good form ahead of the Guineas Prelude.
The group 1 Caulfield Guineas is one of the season's biggest races with $1,000,000 up for grabs over the 1600m.
Last year's winner was Whobegotyou, who stormed to an eye-catching win in the Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes at Moonee Valley on Saturday and shrank his odds for the Cox Plate to 3.50 with Betfair.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)